Adjusting the system clock?

From: <gdas_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2001 21:39:44 GMT

Hi,

Aside from time-based scripts. Are there any implications I need to be aware of in regards to resetting the system clock? This is with Oracle 8.1.6 on Windows 2000.

We've recently configured a set of servers out in a datacenter on the East coast. And the machines are running in EST. We are in the pacific time zone and our application doesn't yet have timezone awareness, so we are considering simply putting the clocks back on those machines 3 hours.

Will this have any adverse effects on Oracle? The system is not live yet, but we plan to go live next week. My biggest fear is that by doing this the database won't startup or mount or we might have other unexpected low level oracle problems.

Any thoughts?
Thanks,
Gavin

Sent via Deja.com