Problem connecting to Oracle from PHP script.

From: Chris <chrism_at_cs.dal.ca>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 11:45:56 -0400

I have a solaris server that has apache and php and Oracle 7 installed on it (all within a localhost)

Problem connecting to Oracle with PHP,
Return Error:

Warning: Oracle: Connection Failed: ORA-01034: ORACLE not available in /users/cs/chrism/public_html/hs~test.phtml on line 8

The Php module on the hosts apache was configutured with Oracle support: '--with-oracle'
$ORACLE_HOME = /opt/oracle/app/oracle/product/733 which is correct

PHP script function:

Ora_Logon open an Oracle connection

int ora_logon (string user, string password); /*I have an db account and I put the right user and pass in*/

Does anyone have any Reasons as to why I cann't connect? Note: I can use SQLPLUS with Oracle no problems. Received on Fri Feb 09 2001 - 09:45:56 CST