Re: Help-Error 0203

From: Mick Rice <mick_rice_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2001 12:04:34 GMT

Gray,

     I don't work with NT and so I'm not sure if what I'm about to say is of any relevance at all but.........if the error you're getting is an oracle (ie ORA 00203) then you seem to have a problem with a control file;

See below from the unix 'manual' page;

00203, 00000, "using the wrong control files"

// *Cause:  The mount id in the control file is is not the same as the
//         mount id in the control file used by the first instance to
//         mount this database. The control files are for the same
database
//         but they are not the same files. Most likely one instance is
using
//         a backup control file.

// *Action: Check that the correct control files were specified

--
Back it up !

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/