Re: Adjusting the system clock?

From: George Dau <gedau_at_isa.mim.com.au>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 00:45:17 GMT

gdas_at_my-deja.com wrote:

]so we are considering simply putting the clocks back on
]those machines 3 hours.
]
]Will this have any adverse effects on Oracle?

I've put the clock back on Oracle V 6.something years ago. The only problem that Oracle told me about was that if we needed to do a point in time recovery, the recovery process would stop on the first occurrence of a timestamp, so the updates after that would not get processed until you were outside the time envelope (more than 3 hrs in your case).

There have been a lot of changes since V6, so you will need to check what current versions do. Can you test it on a test box first? If so, also test a recovery. Received on Fri Feb 09 2001 - 18:45:17 CST