Re: Wildfire/Oracle/NUMA/QBB affinity on OpenVms/Oracle73

From: andrew harrison <andrew.nospam_at_uk.sun.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2001 17:02:47 +0000

Rob Young wrote:

Only you Rob could answer a query about someones performance issues on a current brand spanking new WildFire with an advert for a processor that is currently not available running in the machine that will replace the posters brand spanking new WildFire.

They havn't had it that long and allready its out of date !!

This sort of response is could have been taken directly from the Microsoft book of marketing answers when people complain about MS's latest product, what do they do sell them the next new product.

Why not try a more sensible suggestion:

  1. Use OPS
  2. Upgrade to a more NUMA friendly version of Oracle like 8.1.7
  3. Get Compaq to replace the WildFire with a GS140 it will be cheaper and it will probably be faster.
	With the money the poster saved
	he could have bought you a beer
	and even splashed out on nibbles.

Regards