Re: Oracle and the IBM Shark

From: me <me_at_home.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 21:05:16 -0600

We have just purchased a Shark as well, the large cache included with the system is supposed to take the sting out of RAID5.

As for FlashCopy, we are currently testing it. IBM recommends unmounting all filesystem that you are going to FlashCopy, to make absolutely sure nothing is written to the disks during the FlashCopy process, so no Hot Backups using FlashCopy, only really, really fast Colds!

Lowell