Re: svrmgrl: connect internal keep asking password

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 11:25:01 +0100

"Mick Rice" <mick_rice_at_my-deja.com> wrote in message news:960cnf$gcf$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com...

> > The svrmgrl on the server not asking the password for SYS is:
> > -rwxr-x--x 1 oracle dba 1109088 Jun 13 2000 svrmgrl
> > (which installed with dba as primary group)
> >
> > The svrmgrl on the server keep asking the password for SYS is:
> > -rwxr-x--x 1 oracle oinstall 1109104 Nov 10 15:42 svrmgrl
>

> Folks,
> Can someone say if this is standard configuration 'cos I've never
> seen it before ?
>
> Mick.
> --
> Back it up !
>

> Sent via Deja.com
> http://www.deja.com/

I had to address the same problem on an 8.1.5 install. Apparently when they installed 8.1.5 they didn't specify which group to use as dba group (or they couldn't specify) so *implicitly* they used the oinstall group.
This information is in code, which is used upon relink during installation. Hence, I would first try whether changing the primary group to oinstall works for you (for me it worked) and then go for the relink route. This was not possible for me as they lost/dislocated the CD in a server 30 mins from my home (my work location is 90 mins from home), to which I don't have access.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA Received on Fri Feb 09 2001 - 04:25:01 CST