duplicate sequence numbers

From: <dileepr_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2001 02:41:06 GMT

I have been using a d2k developed package for over a year without problem but recently I am unable to save transactions where a sequence generated "nextval from dual" number has to be inserted into a table. Message I get is the number is not unique. I am surprised because oracle is supposed to generate unique sequential numbers from any sequence. Or am i wrong?

Can somebody please give me the solution?

The funny part is that some inserts go through but most(about 80%) fail and give a duplicate number message.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Thu Feb 08 2001 - 20:41:06 CST