How can I hack into a database?

From: <queenjr_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2001 20:37:10 GMT

I know this sounds like hacking but I just received a database from another
  project. I have a user id to get me into the database but the user does not
  have dba privileges. The old dba left and took the passwords with him. He
  changed sys, system and internal. Now, someone rebooted the machine and the
  database did not restart. I can not turn on the database without dba
  privileges. Is there someway to break into the database without having to
  rebuild?

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Thu Feb 08 2001 - 14:37:10 CST