RAIDs and Oracle Tablespace layout

From: <mjgusa_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2001 16:24:33 GMT

Hello:

I am implementing a system that will have a fairly large Oracle 8i database on a SUN system that has a RAID file system on it. I am wondering if, since the files are ultimately on a RAID, this spares us from caring about the layout of which tables/indexes go in what files or not. I am assuming that no matter what file the data/index is on, the stream comes from all disks anyway so there is no way to affect things either way by putting certain table spaces on certain disks. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks,
  Mike

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Thu Feb 08 2001 - 10:24:33 CST