Re: export, import on different NLS_LANG servers

From: Gordon Cartwright <gordon_cartwright_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2001 23:27:22 +0000

I've only seen ???? output when the character in the database cannot be represented in the client character set, so I guess Oracle thinks that is the case here. You've given NLS_LANG settings (presumably these were used for exp/imp). What are the database character sets and how did you display the ??????. Can you post the export and import logs and the sqlplus session?