Re: strange oracle problem - please help!!

From: Gordon Cartwright <gordon_cartwright_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2001 23:15:54 +0000

Can you post the tnsnames.ora from the web server box and the listener.ora from the prod and dev servers? Also, if the tnsnames.ora does not specify IP addresses, but uses machine names can you give details of the name resolution methods (DNS, WINS etc).

When the system is up an running, have you had a look at the connections from the web server? Can you see the sessions against database?