Re: svrmgrl: connect internal keep asking password

From: <dh2000_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2001 00:06:08 GMT

The svrmgrl on the server not asking the password for SYS is: -rwxr-x--x 1 oracle dba 1109088 Jun 13 2000 svrmgrl (which installed with dba as primary group)

The svrmgrl on the server keep asking the password for SYS is: -rwxr-x--x 1 oracle oinstall 1109104 Nov 10 15:42 svrmgrl

I've just put my login name in the group oinstall and the problem solved!

Thanks again!

DH

In article <94qdt8$e4u$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   jdarrah_co_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> Check to make sure the permissions on the "oracle" file are the same
 on
> both machines it should look something like:
> -rwsr-s--x 1 oracle dba 25673895 Jan 25 04:08 oracle
> if the setuid bit is not turned on for group, I think you will get
 this
> problem.
> In article <94q8v8$9hg$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,
> dh2000_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I had user 'A' in the group 'dba' (belong to /etc/group) on Unixware
> > 7.1.1 with Oracle 8i installed. User 'A' can do 'connect internal'
> > connect to the database 'ORADB1' with svrmgrl without asking the
> > password on this server.
> >
> > The same setup for user 'A', add him in the group 'dba' on another
 the
> > server Unixware 7.1.1 with Oracle 8i installed but user 'A' still
> > cannot do 'connect internal' to the database 'ORADB2' without
 password
> > as above.
> >
> > Does someone see this problem before?
> >
> > Thanks in advance for any help.