Re: Changing TEMP tablespace from type PERMANENT to type TEMPORARY

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 06:26:37 +1100

They are good for everything, data and indexes too.

With one proviso: because extent sized is pretty well fixed in a locally managed tablespace, there is now greater importance than ever of ensuring appropriate segments are stored in appropriate tablespaces. Otherwise, there are going to be large numbers of tables sitting there with (say) 1 Mb extents when they only have 40 rows in them.

Regards