Re: unable to recover a crashed 8.1.5. database

From: Gordon Cartwright <gordon_cartwright_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2001 07:42:13 +0000

A SHMMAX of 8Mb looks way too small for a normal database. It's an upper limit, so why did you reduce it? I would guess that Oracle couldn't
allocate its SGA. You didn't say how much memory you were requesting in the init.ora. Presumably it was > 8Mb?

I would suggest you put the SHMMAX limit back to 2Gb and review your init.ora settings.