Help need for Oracle 8.1.6 on RH 7.0

From: <dalianya_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2001 03:35:58 GMT

Hello,

I just installed Oracle8i on RH 7.0. The GUI installer runs ok for Oracle software installation. When it comes to the GUI database configuration tools to create the starter database, the GUI tool just hang there forever without any error message. I tried a couple of times to create the starter database, everytime it get hang when it reach 80% done.

My hardware is:
RAM 192M
Swap 500M
CPU Celeron 500MHz
HD 10GB

I also tried to create the database by generating a script and run the script in console mode. when you run the generated script, it prompt you to SVRMGRL and if you type startup, it hangs again!

Any help will greatlly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance,

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Tue Feb 06 2001 - 21:35:58 CST