Re: Oracle internet file system and Apache web server

From: oracle <oraclehyd_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2001 23:35:58 GMT

Usually APache server is also set up when you do full installation of 8.1.7. If you dont find ifsapachesetup, then try to rerun installtion and see if you missed out anything. Try to look at ifs tech forum at technet.oracle.com. You can post the question there. Infact we got lot many responses from those guys for our queries but ofcourse you need patience for the replies.

In article <95ps5d$5vt$05$1_at_news.t-online.com>,   "Alexander Fuchs" <A.Fuchs01_at_t-online.de> wrote:
> Hello dear Oracle experts,
>
> I am testing the Oracle internet file system at the moment and - to
> implement SSL - I am trying to switch from the JWS webserver that
 came with
> the Oracle IFS to Apache. I am using Windows 2000, Oracle Server 8i
 with the
> Apache HTTP-server that came with Oracle 8i 8.1.7
>
> Unfortunately, the docu about switching to Apache is contradictory:
 On the
> one hand they say that you can switch to Apache simply by executing
 the
> script "ifsapachesetup". The problem is that the script simply does
 not
> exist on my computer, even thought I installed Oracle IFS and the
 Apache
> web-server.
>
> According to the docu the second way of switching to Apache is to use
 JRUN
> from allaire software => Has anybody given it a try ? Did it work, if
 yes,
> how ??
>
> I'd like to go one of the two ways, but I am stuck at the moment.
>
> Thanks a lot for your replies,
>
> regards,
> Alexander

Sent via Deja.com