Re: update sys tables sets idiot flag?

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 22:22:52 +0100

I don't think there is an idiot flag.
However you have a 90+ percent chance the datadictionary will become inconsistent, providing all kind of unpredictable results. This will almost show immediately. Most likely if you call support, at one point in time they will ask 'You didn't update the datadictionary yourself, did you'. Whether you lie at this or not doesn't really matter: there are for understandable reasons no integrity constraints on the datadictionary, so they will be unable to resolve it.
So, IMO, it is still is: it is completely stupid to even consider doing this, unless you really *want* to loose your job.

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA