Re: Tunneling SQLPlus with ssh

From: Christian Dueholm Christensen <chch_at_freesbee.wheel.dk>
Date: 6 Feb 2001 00:20:34 GMT

In article <5H1f6.87125$8V6.11615159_at_typhoon.tampabay.rr.com>, John Alexander wrote:
>Port 1521 is used to get the initial connection. Oracle then chooses a
>random open port and sends the client back the new address, making it
>difficult if your traffic is coming through a firewall. Your resulting error
>will be TNS-12203.

Yep, that was my conclusion as well. Is there any way to request a specific port?
Or perhaps some setting I can change on the server?

>Check out Note 2064550.102 in MetaLink for some work-arounds to avoid
>opening up your firewall. (Go to 'TECHNICAL LIBRARIES' and then choose the
>'Firewalls' section).

I don't have access to that (I'm not a DBA) could you give me a quick outline of the document, or perhaps mail it to me?

--
Christian D. Christensen

"I think the sum of intelligence on the internet is constant. Only the
number of lusers grows..."  - Uwe Ohse in the monastery