Re: Testdriving OPS

From: Brian McKerr <bmckerr_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 21:54:39 +1000

I thought of the same thing recently. I even had a spare Sun e450 to try it on. However, my hopes were dashed because I did not have the sun cluster software (or license). I think that as it the OPS thing uses tcp/ip that there should be no problem to do this in theory.

Since the linux version has just been released with free cluster management software, I think that you may well succeed in this attempt, you may have to say the other node is running on localhost(127.0.0.1) and see how you go.

I am going to give this a try with linux too Stefan, so I'll let the group know with a week or so.

Cheers,

Brian.