Re: Hot Backups Question

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 18:48:03 +1100

I seem to have been stranded in another thread on this one!

I agree with you, Dave, on the "quicker" business.

The only draw back is the entire set of datafiles has to be copied in one hit, otherwise you are facing vast quantities of redo being generated. The first method (one-at-a-time) gives you the flexibility of backing up different parts of the tablespace on different occasions (a file per night, say).

But ultimately, it makes zero difference which method he uses as far as the ability to recover is concerned.

Regards