Re: How to recreate accidentally deleted redo.logs

From: I hate Spam <tbf_at_nospam.stam.dk>
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2001 13:53:16 +0100

On Mon, 5 Feb 2001 19:04:49 +1100, "Howard J. Rogers" <howardjr_at_www.com> wrote:

>Redo -all of it, both online and archived- is the only thing standing
>between you and loss of data. You look after ALL of it well, and mirror
>like crazy (and I hope you at least use log_archive_suplex_dest to mirror
>your archives).

Thank you for the explanation. Actually I thought that a normal shutdown would archive the current redo logs. I had mirrored the redo logs, but my foolish script was designed to completely recreate the database, starting with clearing the control and all log files, INCLUDING mirrors !!! I have learned my lesson now (at least this one), and fortunately without serious data-loss.

I just wonder when Murphy will strike again?

Yours Hans Erik Busk
tbf_at_cn.stam.dk Received on Mon Feb 05 2001 - 06:53:16 CST