Re: How to implement OPS on HP-UX

From: Liz Reen <lizr_at_geologist.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 09:21:11 -0500

In article <id7e6.37923$R5.1862630_at_news1.frmt1.sfba.home.com>, no_at_home.com says...
> Does anyone have any suggestions in picking out hardware and software for
> implementing OPS on two HP K Class Model 889 servers? Does anyone have
> any recommendation on a shared disk system and an interconnect? By the way,
> what's an interconnect? I am trying to set up a test environment for OPS.
> I am planning on installing Oracle 8.1.6. I also plan on installing
> ServiceGuard for OPS 11.09. Also, what other hardware of software do I need
> to implement OPS on my K Class servers? Hardware redundancy will not be
> that critical since this is only going to be a test environment.

If I recall correctly, service guard provides redundancy. If you truely don't need redundancy, my advise is not to install it. It is not a trivial install and requires a lot of work to set it up correctly.

Liz Received on Mon Feb 05 2001 - 08:21:11 CST