Re: Oracle 8.1.7 download won't install properly on Linux

From: Michael Wagner <wagner_at_eurolab.at>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 14:36:18 +0100

Hello

The proplem is that a library is not in the installations files i think the lib called oralibn8.so. You can find it out if you start after the unsuccessfull installation the dbassist in the ORA_HOME/bin. If you get an errormessage in the Installationbox file oralibn8.so does not exist than download the file and copy to the ORA_HOME/lib/network dir. and start the dbassist.

mike

vrw <linux4me2000_at_netscape.net> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag: 95aidf$f23$1_at_news7.svr.pol.co.uk...