Re: ORA-03114 - 8.1.7 Install on Solaris

From: Brian R. Barker <aldie_lab_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2001 14:06:22 -0500

Well, I can't help, but I've got exactly the same problem (except Oracle 8).

The problem occurs at the end of the installation process, after the Net8 configuration step, when OUI is running the DBCA to create the Starter Database. The Assistant copies the files, but then is unable to connect to Oracle. Using SQLPlus gets the same result. Using SVRMGRL, and doing a STARTUP NOMOUNT gets a message saying it can't find the init<sid>.ora file, which is of course true, since the creation of the database failed.

Any help for us?