Re: ORA-28575: unable to open RPC...

From: Gollum <nospam_at_worldonline.dk>
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2001 23:25:22 +0100

You need to setup the external connection agent in your listener, so the suggested action is absolutely right!

As I remember this, you need an entry in the listener's address list (in listener.ora):

    (ADDRESS= (PROTOCOL= IPC)(KEY= EXTPROC0)) and the corresponding entry in the SID LIST:

    (SID DESC =
(SID NAME= PLSExtProc)
(ORACLE HOME= /u01/app/oracle/product/V817)
(PROGRAM = extproc)

    )

In your tnsnames.ora the following entry should be found (don't change the alias name!):

    extproc connection data=

(DESCRIPTION=

            (ADDRESS LIST =
                (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=IPC)(KEY=EXTPROC0))