Re: Oracle 8.1.7 download won't install properly on Linux

From: Steve Holdoway <steve_at_itemfront.ltd.uk>
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2001 18:25:29 +0100

No, you do need 1.1.8v3 from blackdown.org. Although I can't get the intermedfia stuff to load, I was stuck at exactly this step until I fould the stupid problem.

Try running df -k on your server. Are all the partition details on a single line, or have some of them been split into two lines to keep the column spacing correct. If they have been split, then there's your problem. You'll either have to write a wrapper to df, or rename your partitions until they do report on a single line with df.

Mind you, I'm sure there are many, many other problems just as stupid ready to catch you out!

Steve