More Materialized View Questions

From: Justin Wigg <justinwigg_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 09:31:42 +1100

Hello all...

I am trying to create my first materialized view as a test bed for reducing query times. I want to use the 'ON-COMMIT' refresh option as data integrity is vital.

I'm trying to run the following DDL statement to create the MV:

CREATE MATERIALIZED VIEW order_summary
  BUILD IMMEDIATE
  REFRESH
    FAST
    ON COMMIT
  ENABLE QUERY REWRITE
  AS
    SELECT orders.debtor_id,

             order_lines.description,
             sum(orders.order_total)
    FROM     orders,
             order_lines

    WHERE orders.order_id = order_lines.order_id     GROUP BY orders.debtor_id,

             order_lines.description

However I'm getting the following error message:

ORA-12054: cannot set the ON COMMIT refresh attribute for the materialized view

I believe I have set the parameters in the init.ora file correctly for refreshing the view. What things should I be looking for in trying to get this to work?

Many thanks...

--
He who laughs last...  | Justin Wigg - Hobart, AUSTRALIA
...thinks slowest.     | Reply:     justinwigg_at_yahoo.com