How to recreate accidentally deleted redo.logs

From: I hate Spam <tbf_at_nospam.stam.dk>
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2001 08:49:10 +0100

I made a stupid error: deleted all control files AND all redologfiles by a foolish script.
I had a recent 'backup control file to trace' which I tried to use, but it errs because of the missing log files. I cannot create new log files because the database is not mounted, and I cannot mount because of the missing control file. Vicious circle!
Copying some old log files from tape didn't work.

I had a very recent backup of the database and it is recovered now with only minimal data loss, but it worries me that the redo.logs seems to be that important on a closed database (close down normal). With archiving on the log files should not contain any necessary data.

Can anyone tell me what I should have done (apart from dropping that foolish script of course).

(W2K, Oracle 8.1.6.1 Standard edition.)

Yours Hans Erik Busk
tbf_at_cn.stam.dk Received on Sat Feb 03 2001 - 01:49:10 CST