Insert Large XML files into Oracle ?? Simple XML to ODBC ??

From: Simon Redfern <simon_at_i-muse.nu>
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2001 23:29:57 -0000

Hi folks,

I'm developing a web site with an Oracle database (and ColdFusion Server). I figured that it might be a good idea to send updates as XML files. I've been using xmlgen.insertXML and also a class called XMLLoader (which uses multitable insert handler etc) from a good O'Reilly book (Oracle XML Applications book by Steve Muench). However, both methods fail with large documents (approx 5M) and seem pretty clunky (error messages are not exactly transparent). I'm new to Java. - maybe thats part of the problem.

I've succesfully exported large MS Access tables with a tool from ODBC2XML.com - very simple and works out of the box. Why is it sooooo difficult getting this XML data into Oracle? Should I just give up and use SQL Loader? Anyone know of an XML to ODBC tool?

Thanks

Simon Received on Sat Feb 03 2001 - 17:29:57 CST