Weird SQL error in 8.1.6

From: John Jones <john.jones_at_duke.edu>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 17:31:15 -0500

We are in the middle of testing of upgrading from Oracle 8.0.5.1 to 8.1.6.2 My technical team has come up with an interesting error that Oracle Support seems unable to reproduce or answer. We have a vendor package that generates SQL code and then submits it. Below is an example of the code we are having problems with. The code will run in 8.0.5.1 but not in 8.1.6.1 We are running AIX 4.3.3

select sysdate from dual where '1' = '1'and '2' ='2' /

Anybody ever see this behaviour or can you recreate on your system.

--
John Jones
Senior Oracle DBA