Re: Nested Tables?

From: Steve McDaniels <steve.mcdaniels_at_sierra.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 12:00:26 -0800

Nested Tables:

Assume you have a db which holds consumer info, such as name, address, telephone, email address, and some product info.

A real simple example would be for handling of multiple telephone numbers.

That is, you might have a name (probably first, middle, last), an address (like address1, address2, city, state, postal code [for U.S. consumers]),
and telephone(s), perhaps a work phone, daytime phone, nighttime phone, etc.

One might wish to store telephones as part of the name record using a "sub-table" of
telephone numbers [and associated "type" as work, home, etc.]