Control File Backup

From: VA Access <vaaccess_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2001 19:25:39 GMT

Each night I run a process that puts the DB into hot backup mode and then copies the db files to a directory which is backed up a little bit later. Anyway, I noticed that the Control Files are not getting copied correctly, but all the datafile are doing just fine. So, my question is, why?

Here's what happens:
SQL runs that puts all the tablespaces into backup mode.

Then, the copying occurs. Here's a snipit: PLUS33W.EXE sys/PASSWORD_at_INSTANCE
d:\orant\bin\ocopy73 d:\orant\database\CTL1CODA.ORA d:\dba_admin\backup d:\orant\bin\ocopy73 d:\orant\database\LOG1CODA.ORA d:\dba_admin\backup

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Fri Feb 02 2001 - 13:25:39 CST