Very fast select

From: <iustinami_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2001 18:25:42 GMT

Hi,

  I need very fast answers to <order by> selects on a table ( max 1-2 seconds ) that must contain a varchar field ( the <order by> field ). The table has about 300000 rows.
  I've tried indexing, primary key on varchar field, but still too slow. The server is Oracle 8i on a K7, 256Mb running Win2000 ).
  I think I need something like the low-level order of rows in database to be exactly the varchar field order.
  If you have any ideea please help.

Thanks in advance,

   Iustin Amihaesei

Sent via Deja.com