A RowId in Oracle 8i

From: Bynia Doyle <bynia.doyle_at_bt.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2001 15:08:43 GMT

Hi,
In 7.3.4 I I used Rowids in a statement that was passed to dbms_sql as as  follows:
Delete from Table where Rowid in (Rowid1, Rowid2,..., Rowidn).

The (Rowid1, Rowid2,..., Rowidn) was stored in a variable of type VARCHAR2 and was construted in a loop.

When I'm attempting to do use the same approach in Oracle 8.1.6 I get ORA-01410: invalid ROWID

I gather that the data type of RowId is not the same as it was in 7.3.4 - any ideas on the changes to the statement to get it to work?

Thanks,
Bynia.

Bynia.

bynia.doyle_at_bt.com