Re: Will setting timed_statistics=TRUE create much overhead?

From: Mark D Powell <markp7832_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2001 14:49:00 GMT

In article <3a79ed8d.31075210_at_nntp.mindspring.com>,   willjamu_at_mindspring.com (James Williams) wrote:
> Don't use timed_statistics=true to much on Oracle 8.1.5 . I would
> assume 8.0.5 has the same problems.
>
> Fixed in 8.1.6.3
>
> Can cause cursors not to be shared, high CPU, and other issues. Go to
> metalink and pull up the bug list.
>
> Its negligble after 8.1.6.3

There is no problem with timed_statistics = true on 8.0.5.2 as we always run with timed statistics true and we got a good overall performance boost moving from 7.3.4 to 8.0.5.2 in place (upgrade existing database).

--
Mark D. Powell  -- The only advice that counts is the advice that
 you follow so follow your own advice --

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/