Re: NT PERFMON Answer and question

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 09:12:35 -0000

Oracle 8i writes to disk every 3 seconds - it is the DBWR process that does this.

Contrary to your response Perfmon *will* monitor disk io. This functionality is disabled by default. What the original poster needs to do is run a command prompt and type diskperf -y. This will enable the disk performance counters after a reboot.

HTH

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA