Re: HELP!!!! ERROR ORA-00322

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2001 01:54:38 +1100

I'd be more than happy to oblige, but (and forgive the shouting -this is addressed to more than you)

DO YOU HONESTLY EXPECT ME TO CHECK UP ON EVERY ORACLE ERROR MESSAGE NUMBER TO FIND OUT FOR SURE WHAT THE PROBLEM IS????????? WHAT THE *&^*% IS WRONG WITH INCLUDING THE ERROR MESSAGE TEXT???????????? In all seriousness, those of us using NT at home do not need to be pitied, despite the rumours, but we DO NOT have access to "oerr ora" commands to see immedaitely what error message you are talking about (and yes I know it can be fudged with fancy SQL commands -that's not the issue). All I can do at that point is decide whether the story sounds prima facie interesting, and if it is, to dodge over to technet.oracle.com to find out what is involved. Most appeals for help are going to fail that basic test.... but they wouldn't need to pass it if they could only include the sodding error message!

Regards