Adding CPU

From: Bob Lebo <digitalsurfer39_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2001 05:16:43 GMT

I have a Micron Netframe 3101 server. It is currently a single processor P II 400 with 512 MB of RAM. I am running Oracle 8.0.5 on it to serve a Records management System. The NetFrame motherboard supports dual P III 550 processors. I plan to take on the task of upgrading the server hardware and moving the Windows NT 4.0 Server kernel from Uni-Processor to Multi-Processor in the very near future.

My question is, will this affect the Oracle Database application in any way? I know there were some entries in the .ORA files in 7.X.X releases referring to the number of CPUs that could not be set manually. I want to do the upgrade as seamlessly as possible, but really don't want to go through the process of exporting the full database, removing the Oracle installation, upgrading the OS and hardware, then re-installing Oracle and importing the database again. It could take quite some time....

Thank you in advance for your support. Received on Fri Feb 02 2001 - 23:16:43 CST