What causes this exception "Char array not long enough: javaCharsToUtf8Bytes" ?

From: Randy <randy_at_nospam.here>
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2001 17:43:37 GMT

Using JDBC to write data to Oracle 8.1.6 on a Sun Solaris box, I'm getting an I/O exception with message:

"Char array not long enough: javaCharsToUtf8Bytes : javaCharsToUtf8Bytes()"

Also, binary data being written to a LONG column appears to be getting corrupted.

Does anyone know what causes this and have a solution?

-Randy. Received on Thu Feb 01 2001 - 11:43:37 CST