database link problem from unix to nt (ORA-03113)

From: <fillbert_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2001 22:54:50 GMT

here is what we want to do:

  1. in oracle 8.1.6 db on NT, define a database link to the ibm db2 connect gateway (using HS and odbc) <this part work; we can get data bk from db on the m/f>

   CREATE PUBLIC DATABASE LINK DB2GWAY.WORLD     CONNECT TO F04625
    IDENTIFIED BY BIGBOY
    USING 'db2gway.world'

(note: we also have set up all of the
requisites related to HS on the nt server) 2. create a synonym that points to a

   remote table using HS:

    CREATE SYNONYM SYSTEM.STATE
    FOR F0DB26.TSTATE_at_DB2GWAY.WORLD 3. in an oracle 8.1.7 db on hpux, define a

   database link to the nt oracle database;    <this also works; we can get to data within     the nt oracle database>:

    CREATE PUBLIC DATABASE LINK SRPAPP15     CONNECT TO F04625
    IDENTIFIED BY BIGBOY
    USING 'srpapp15'

4. now, issue an sql like this:

   select * from system.state_at_srpapp15;

   instead of data coming back, get these    messages:

ORA-02068: following severe error from SRPAPP15 ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel

in effect, we are doing two hops; one from our hpux oracle db to the nt oracle db and from there up to db2 in mvs (via HS and the IBM DB2 Connect gateway). each individual hop works ok, but not used together for
retrieving data from mvs back to the hpux oracle db.

if anyone has done something like this and can let us know how to set it up, we'd
very much appreciate it

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Thu Feb 01 2001 - 16:54:50 CST