How to shrink data file

From: zhang liang <novazl_at_263.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 14:23:39 +0800

After checking dba_free_space, I found that "system" tablespace has 1.67G free bytes. Since the data file for "system" tablespace is about 2.1G, I try to use the following command to resize file system01.rbf to about 800M:

alter database datafile '/oracle/u01/oradata/wapdb/system01.rbf' resize 800M;

But the following error message was returned:

ORA-03297: file contains used data beyond requested RESIZE value

The same kind of error also occurs when I try to shrink file "rbs01.dbf", which holds tablespace "rbs". Received on Thu Feb 01 2001 - 00:23:39 CST