resize and coalesce of system tablespace

From: James Williams <willjamu_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2001 23:04:23 GMT

I got two issues.

I just did an ALTER TABLESPACE SYSTEM ADD DATAFILE to increate my system tablespace to run initjvm.sql to install Java on 8.1.6.3. I thought about doing an ALTER DATAFILE "SYSTEM01" RESIZE

Question? Can you resize the system datafile like that?

I run PCTINCREASE 0. I have a script to generate COALESCE statements for everthing in DBA_TABLESPACES. Should the SYSTEM tablespace be COALESCED? Received on Thu Feb 01 2001 - 17:04:23 CST