ORA-03114 - 8.1.7 Install on Solaris

From: Rupert Woodman <rupert.woodman_at_merant.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2001 17:49:33 +0000

I'm having problems installing Oracle 8.1.7 on a machine running Solaris 7.
I've installed all the recommended patches, configured kernel settings etc, but no joy.

After an hour or so, I get an error:

ORA-03114: not connected to ORACLE

I've looked in the docs (online) and it says that if it's a user-written program then retry. It's not, it's part of the "Typical install" thats failing.

Any ideas would greatly appreciated.

Rgds Received on Thu Feb 01 2001 - 11:49:33 CST