How to implement OPS on HP-UX

From: Dan <no_at_home.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2001 06:18:54 GMT

Does anyone have any suggestions in picking out hardware and software for implementing OPS on two HP K Class Model 889 servers? Does anyone have any recommendation on a shared disk system and an interconnect? By the way, what's an interconnect? I am trying to set up a test environment for OPS. I am planning on installing Oracle 8.1.6. I also plan on installing ServiceGuard for OPS 11.09. Also, what other hardware of software do I need to implement OPS on my K Class servers? Hardware redundancy will not be that critical since this is only going to be a test environment.

I realize that the database needs to be on raw devices. What about Oracle Home? Can that be on a cooked filesystem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dan Received on Thu Feb 01 2001 - 00:18:54 CST