Re: Automated Oracle DB Export?

From: Michael Reeves <mreeves_at_mreeves.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 13:11:13 -0500

Try running the imp/exp utility from a batch file. The syntax would lokk something like:

imp username/password@"SID" file=x:\oracle\admin\sid\exp\exp.dmp log=x:\oracle\admin\sid\exp\exp.log full=Y

This should all be on one line in the batch file.

Alternately, you have a batch file call a parameter file with the options to pass into the imp/exp utility. Try:
(this is the batch file)
IMP PARFILE=X:\ORACLE\ADMIN\"SID"\EXP\exp.par (this is the par file)
userid=username/password_at_sid
file=d:\oracle\admin\"SID"\exp\export.dmp log=d:\oracle\admin\"SID"\exp\exp.log
full=Y