Re: Digital Unix 4.0 oracle export prob..

From: Antti Järvinen <costello_at_iki.fi>
Date: 31 Jan 2001 21:47:56 +0200

"Adam Price" <adam_at_pappnase.demon.co.uk> writes:
> "Antti Järvinen" <costello_at_iki.fi> wrote ...
> > Has anyone seen this before:
> > --clip--
> > About to export the entire database ...
> > . exporting tablespace definitions

 <..clip..>
> I haven't really got any clue about the problem you describe, however I would
> ***STRONGLY*** advise that you upgrade to a supported version of the OS.
> 4.0f would be my recommendation. If you want to get support from Oracle or from
> Compaq on this then they will also recommend it.
> I only posted to tell you that comp.unix.osf.osf1 was renamed to comp.unix.tru64
> at the start of the year and that you should tell your news provider.

Thanks for advice, and: this actually turned out to be an OS issue: all 4.0 -versions and early 5.0-versions had a memory leak that, when accounting enabled, had kernel to claim all memory that did show up in "CRED" section at "meminfo -M", there has been a patch available some time now.

--
Antti Järvinen, costello_at_iki.fi
            "concerto for two faggots and orchestra"