Setting up Ports

From: Mike <bankerboy_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 21:07:32 GMT

We're in the process of setting up a Solaris box with Oracle8i. In the meantime (meaning that it's taking a while for the Solaris box to get going), we've been messing around with a Linux box that is running 8i that came with RedHat. I'm wondering how to setup Oracle so that it listens on port 1521 for JDBC calls. I've run the netassistant that configures the ports, and can see that 1521 is setup to handle TCP/IP calls, but does that actual start the listener? When I do a "netstat - a", I don't see anything listening on 1521. I'm sure there is some process that needs to be run, but which one. Is there a good reference on this topic somewhere? Any help is appreciated.

   -Mike

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Wed Jan 31 2001 - 15:07:32 CST