Performance issue

From: Steve Salvemini <steve.salvemini_at_adelaide.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 17:12:22 +1030

We have a oracle database setup on a development platform and one on the pre-production platform, both of similar spec, but the pre-prod database is very slow. The cpu maxes out when queries are sent through to it. The link is a 100mb link from the client, so network speed is not expected to be the problem.

The development db is probably slightly bigger in size.

This is a very broad question I know, but perhaps there are several key things for me to check, ie

on the apps side:
- check the optimisation mode choose/rule

on the server side:
pretty limited in my knowledge here...
- compare contents of oracle.ini

Thanks for any ideas Received on Wed Jan 31 2001 - 00:42:22 CST