Re: Oracle Err: Can not allocate log, archive required

From: <alexberi_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 19:48:04 GMT

In article <9574s7$jmr$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   David Fitzjarrell <oratune_at_aol.com> wrote:
> In our last gripping episode alexberi_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> >

> > I have configured an Oracle NT database 8.0.5 to work in archieve
 mode
> > and set automatic archieving of logs, but I receive the message:
> >
> > "Can not allocate log, archive required"
> >
> > There is plenty of room on the drive where the archive files are
> > created, and I have about 100 archieved logs there.
> >
> > Can anyone tell me where is the problem?
> >
> > Thanks, Alex.
> >
> > Sent via Deja.com
> > http://www.deja.com/
> >

> Have you shut the database down and restarted it since you were
> successfully archiving redo logs? Check your init<SID>.ora parameters
> to verify that log_archive_start = TRUE and is not commented. It
 would
> appear that the database is in ARCHIVELOG mode but that automatic
> archiving is not enabled.
>
> --
> David Fitzjarrell
> Oracle Certified DBA
>
> Sent via Deja.com
> http://www.deja.com/

The problem is that the achieving is done okay, I have the archieves. New questions are:
- is it possible that the process for archieving (I don't know the name on NT) to be stoped?
- is there any parameter to define the size or number of archive log files?

Thanks David.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Tue Jan 30 2001 - 13:48:04 CST